As it’s the Space Week so here’s my first post with some real cool facts about our solar system.
I’m sure you didn’t know these (or maybe you did).
Let’s dive in:
- Our Solar system is 4.6 billion years old.
- The Solar system consists of the sun, planets, moons, dwarf planets, asteroids and the comets, out of which many are undiscovered.
- Over 99% of the Solar System’s mass is of the sun itself, rest is of the planets and all things around.
- We live inside the sun’s. atmosphere. It is far away but it’s atmosphere extends to cover all the planets in the system.
- Along with planets there are dwarf planets too. Only few are discovered so far namely Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake & Eris.
- The diameter of the dwarf planet Pluto is smaller than USA.
- All the planets are on the same plane and revolve in the same ecliptic direction.
- Our solar system is 2 light years across.
- Jupiter is the solar system’s “vacuum cleaner” as it attracts a large number of asteroids and comets towards itself due to its strong gravity.
- There could be a ninth planet in the solar system that is predicted to be ten times larger than earth.
These were ten facts about our solar system that I found really cool.
Sure tell me how you liked them and if you have any avorite facts about our solar system, I’d love to know.
Thanks for reading!